After changing your UC San Diego Active Directory password, you may need to complete the following steps to regain access to the UCSD-PROTECTED WiFi.
- From the WiFi icon in the menu bar, select "Turn WiFi off"
- Click on the Spotlight spyglass in the menu bar (upper right corner), and start typing "Keychain" in the search field that pops up. Click on Keychain Access
- Use the search field in Keychain Access to look for UCSD-PROTECTED in your saved passwords. If found, hit the delete key to remove the old credentials. If it prompted for a password, use your computer login password.
- Search Keychain Access again for auth.ucsd.edu . Delete it if present.
- Quit Keychain Access.
- From the WiFi icon on the menu bar, select "Turn WiFi on"
- From the WiFi icon on the menu bar, select "UCSD-PROTECTED"
- Enter your UC San Diego username (do not enter the @ucsd.edu part)
- Enter your new password.
For additional assistance, please call 858-534-8484 (x48484 on campus) or email firstname.lastname@example.org