*Please note, you are allowed to install MATLAB on your personal computer in addition to SIO-owned computers
- Navigate to the download URL: https://matlab.ucsd.edu/software/index.php
- Login with your Active Directory (AD) username and password.
- On the next page ("Departmental Matlab Distribution"), click "Downloads" from the menu on the righthand side.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the link for Matlab 2015a that applies to your platform (Mac, PC, or Linux). This will download the installation file (for Mac, it's called "R2015a-maci64.iso").
Please note, the file is about 7 GB, so it may take a long time to download.
Next, from near the top of the page, download the files at the links "Network Lic File" (network.lic) and "FIK Code" (FIK.txt).
Installing MATLAB with a File Installation Key
*These steps walk you through the installation process on a computer running Mac OS X.
For additional instructions, please reference MATLAB documentation (includes instructions for both Mac and PC).
- Open the disk image file "R2015a-maci64.iso" and then open InstallForMacOSX.app.
- For the "installation method", choose "Use a File Installation Key". When prompted for the File Installation Key, enter the numbers associated with 2015a that is given in the text file FIK.txt. Under "products to install", do not install License Manager (unchecked by default).
- Next, you'll need to give the path to the network.lic file you downloaded (i.e. on a Mac it would be similar to /Users/ian/Downloads/network.lic); note that you can delete network.lic from this location after Matlab installs. Next it will install the program. Disregard the "additional configuration steps".
Once the installation is finished, you should be able to start using Matlab. This license requires that you either be connected to internet on campus or runningVPN in order to run Matlab (you can't run this version of Matlab without an internet connection, but this is just to access the license manager).