1. If you don't already have a CrashPlan account setup with SIO, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to setup an account. Click here for information about the backup service offered through Scripps IT.
2. From a web browser, visit https://sioback.ucsd.edu
(This page is only available from the campus network. Make sure your computer is connected to campus via one of these ways: ethernet, UCSD-PROTECTED, VPN).
3. Login with your Active Directory credentials.
4. Click on App Downloads on the left.
5. Select the appropriate installer for the computer to be backed up. (see below for system requirements).
If your computer is running the following operating systems, download CrashPlan version 5. Otherwise download CrashPlan version 4.
Windows operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8, 8.1
- Windows 10
OS X and macOS operating systems:
- OS X 10.9
- OS X 10.10
- OS X 10.11
- macOS 10.12
Linux operating systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 64-bit or higher
- Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit) or higher
6. Install the downloaded installer on the computer to be backed up. Open the newly installed CrashPlan app.
7. Login using the Active Directory credentials of the person responsible for the backup account.
Server address is sioback.ucsd.edu:4282