1. If you don't already have a CrashPlan account setup with SIO, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to setup an account. Click here for information about the backup service offered through Scripps IT.
2. From a web browser, visit https://crashplan.com/console , enter UCSD email address, click Sign In
3. Login with your Active Directory credentials. When prompted for Two Step login, there is no need to save login for 7 days.
4. Click on App Downloads on the left.
5. Select the appropriate installer for the computer to be backed up. (see below for system requirements).
Check these pages for supported operating system:
Linux Red Hat and Ubuntu
6. Install the downloaded installer on the computer to be backed up. Open the newly installed CrashPlan app.
7. Enter UCSD email of the person responsible for the backup account; server address is central.crashplan.com:4287
8. Login with Active Directory credential again. For Two Step login, there is no need to save login for 7 days.
(Optional) The default setting in the Code42 app is to only backup your user folder, you can click "Manage Files" to choose which files/folders to backup.