Instructions for Mac OS 10.8 and newer
In Finder, click on the Go menu -> Connect to Server
Enter smb://sioprint.ucsd.edu for Server Address and connect
- When prompted to login, use your Active Directory login (the first part of your official email address before the @, e.g. email@example.com, same password you use for UCSD email)
- Select Printer Installers Mac, click OK
- Double click on the printer which matches your building name (e.g. HUBBS will be siohubbs4; refer to printer locations and names)
- You may be prompted to enter your computer's administrator password. If you are not an administrator on your computer, please contact Scripps IT Help Desk for assistance.
- Print a test page to the new printer
- Set the default printer in Printers & Scanners
If test page came out, then the printer is ready for use. If the printer did not print your test page, try the following.
- Open System Preferences, Printers & Scanners
- In the printer list on the left, select the printer you just printed to. Click Open Print Queue...
- Look for the test page (it should say Hold for Authentication); Click the refresh button on the far right.
- Enter your AD login, check the box for Remember this password..., click OK.